A 35-year-old man on Saturday afternoon died due to electrocution in central Kashmir’s Budgam district.
Reports reaching GNS said that one Nazir Ahmad Ganaie son of Ghulam Rasool Ganaie resident of Soodhipora Beerwah area received an electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire.
Reports quoting witnesses said that, Nazir had tried to remove the wire which had fallen on the village road.
Nazir was immediately taken to sub district hospital Beerwah where doctors referred him to Srinagar hospital in critical conditions, reports said.
However, he succumbed on way to the hospital.
Nazir Ahmad, a sweeper by profession is survived by his wife and three children.